Sunday, September 2, 2012

Old and New Projects

This post will show you how easy it is to turn a plain dry erase board into a fabulous teaching tool with the help of Purple Cows Laminator and Hot Pockets!! I started by taking a dry erase board apart and removing the magnetic sheet. I measured the frame and created a background by cutting different patterned papers from Bella Blvd with the TrimIt and adding alphabet stickers to fit into the space. I laminated the background using an 8 1/2" x 11" hot pocket. The clock face, title strip and speech bubble were laminated separately from the background, cut out and then adhered to the project using foam adhesive to add dimension.

Because the project is laminated, you can write and erase just as you would with a magnetic dry erase board. NOTE: You can recreate this look using a regular picture frame. 

My younger son loves this project!  He's only 4, so he can't quite tell time yet, but he loves drawing on the hands.  Before you know it, he'll be telling time like a pro.

 
Here's are a couple of peeks or the details.


 
Supplies:

Purple Cows: TrimIt, Laminator, Hot Pockets
Bella Blvd: Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Stickers
Dry Erase Board

Here's another projects that I created for Purple Cow's and [my last project for] Basically Bare. 
I used the Polly’s Pocket album which has plenty of pockets for storing extra photos and memorabilia along with a ton of brightly hued papers from Bella Blvd. The album is embellished with Stack-A-Bellie Owls, Bare Basics Wings, Welcome Little One, Bare Basics Heart Set #2, Blossoms and Leaves, and Buttons, and the Large Pennant Set.

I heat embossed the handle and legs of the stroller with Metallic Silver WOW embossing Powder before covering it with patterned paper. I added a little umph to the wheels with self adhesive buttons.



 
 I added some detail to the pages by using Purple Cows StampIt. 


I created the flower embellie by covering a chipboard flower with patterned paper, inking the edges and adhering a sticker with pop dots.

 
I used Zig Fabricolor Pens to add color to the felt banner.

 
 
 
I had a lot of fun creating the rattle! I heat embossed the handle and covered the top in patterned paper. I used a blister from product packaging to serve as the dome of the rattle. I filled it with beads and glitter and hot glued it to the rattle.

 
I used clear snaps spray ink to add color to the canvas heart.






 I love the stackable embellishments because there are so many options for customizing them.

 

I used Zig Fabricolor pens to color the wngs of the owl, and then dresed him in patterned paper and gems for his eyes.

 
 
 
As always, thank you for stopping by.  Have a great holiday!!
 


3 comments:

Tamika said...

love the dry erase board and the mini album is adorable!

Unknown said...

Plenty of people good particularly satisfied to alter your design computer saavy jargon for instance Search, but are

generally likewise humiliated to totally question the reasoning.
Cardsharing Server

vlrbreingan@yahoo.com said...

I've nver tried this..i'm gonna now that i have the teacher thank you these are just wonderful,ive never stacked either.! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels