Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just Chillin'

No scrapping for me today, I need a break! My mind wants to scrap, but my body is like "Oh no, girlfriend...just chill out for a sec"! June has been a busy scrap month; I design for 3 DTs and had the priviledge of being a Guest DT member for 2 online sites. Trying to juggle 5 DTs, work, and family time has proven quite exhausting...you should see the bags under my eyes.

On a positive note, I completed a lot of projects: 13 layouts, 12 cards, 2 tags, and an altered altoid tin...I'm a scrappin' momma!! LOL! Here is the latest LO I created for the LSS that I design for. Our challenge was to create something "patriotic". This is a pic of my son on Memorial Day, proudly waving his flag a I pulled all 50 lbs of him in our town's parade. I tried something a little out of my box with this LO. All of the curves were hand drawn and cut to look like the tail ends of a shooting star. I also de-saturated the photo to give it a solemn look and so that the red in the pic wouldn't compete with the orange paper. It's hard to tell in this pic, but I cut the craft paper away from the large star and the stras at the top actually run off the top of the LO.



The owner of this LSS asked me to design for the store on a permanent basis...of course I said, yes! She wanted to forgo the DT call this time around because a few people who didn't get picked stopped shopping at the store. The crazy part about this is she didn't even choose the winners, the customers did! I guess "rejection" is just tough for some people to handle, but that's the only way to toughen up the skin...heck, I applied for like 30 DTs before I was accepted to one! Just shake it off and keep it movin'!

6 comments:

Adriann said...

Great LO! Man you have been busy... And you still put out great work. You Rawk!!!!

Rebecca said...

Tanisha! That is an amazing layout! I love it! I know what you mean by a scrappy break. I get burnout pretty easy but get back into the swing of things eventually.

doulanana said...

I am so glad that I read your blog today. This was the first time I applied for DT and I wasn't chosen but asked to be a guest DT and you put everything into perspective. Thanks girl and love the shooting star!!

Cathy said...

That LO is amazing! You did a fab job.
I have no idea how you can produce so much art in a months time. The pressure alone would inable me to create! I'm already sweating from the pressure of 4 LO's a month on the Scraplovers design team but since this is my first go around as a DT member, I'll cut myself some slack!
Have a good day!

One more thing.... how come I can't enlarge your photos? I want to see that LO up close and personal. : )

Dawn Bibbs said...

Uh yeah, miss lady...you need to chill out for a minute! Show off! hee hee

That LO is so nice and your son is TOO cute!!! Great job

Shanismom said...

love the layout.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels