Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Crappy Weekend

I really thought I was going to have a great weekend as my sister planned a wonderful weekend for our families. Donovan and I and my sister, her DH and 3 kids were taking a trip to Dutch Wonderland and Hershey Park. I drove to her house Thursday night and then we drove to Lancaster Friday - got caught in traffic and took us like 2 hours to get there. Our 1st stop was Dutch Wonderland. We decided to split up and allow my sister's DH to take her 11 year old twins and we took Donovan and her son who are both 3. Waiting in line for the first kiddie ride and I almost fainted...literally! All of a sudden the humidity kicked up and I was squatting to the ground and hanging on to the rail for dear life. I've had these spells before and usually in public place (I've been tested for hypoglycemia twice but that doesn't seem t be it unless I'm borderline), anyway this one was bad because I had a my son crying to get on the ride and for me to pick him up. I looked at my sister and told her if she valued her nephew she'll take him and talk to him. I could barely stand up let alone p/u up a 50 lb kid. OK, so I fight through this and sit on the ride feeling downright awful. My son is happy until the ride stops, I guess it wasn't long enough for him so he starts crying again, now he's usually pretty good in public but he's been sick lately and as I later found, hungry - so he decided to show his butt!I find a bench to sit on and send my sister to get me something to drink...OJ works best, but a soda would do. It seems like everyone was moving like molasses in the winter! Meanwhile my son is still crying and carrying on so what did I do? Called daddy! I told him how I was feeling (on top of the fact that my DH had given me his cold) and told him to please talk to his child or I was going to send him flying across the park. Of course I would never take drastic measures with my child, but sometimes I need to get that dramatic so my DH knows how serious I am. I'm not normally the "call daddy" type but I could barely sit up straight! OK, so the talk with daddy worked for the most part and our food and drinks were finally ready. We ate and all was good! My son straightened up, which is how I know that hunger played a part in his behavior and we had a good rest of the day despite the fact that it felt like it was about 100 degrees in the shade!Going to Hershey Park the next day was an entirely different story! Let's just say that I was left the park with tears streaming down my face and that's really saying something because I'm not the overly sensitive type!!! The heat was just unbearable, everywhere you turned someone was complaining about how hot is was! There was not one single spot that didn't have a person standing in it! We finally find a water area that didn't have a mile long line and as soon as we stepped foot in it the closed it down for crowd control! I was ready to go after that. My sister and her family stayed so her big kids could try to get on some rides because at this point, 4 hours after we entered the park, they had only gotten on 1 ride!I decided to get something to eat before I left which took forever as you could imagine. I paid for a bottle of water which they forgot to give me. When I went back they didn't have anymore and wanted me to wait for someone to go and get some. Excuse me? i told the girl i had stood in this line long enough and to just give me my money back!!! There was a little demon child behind us in line too! She kept slapping the back of Donovan's wagon seat, and her dad stood there oblivious until he saw me giving his daughter the evil eye and then he asked her what she did. Of course she innocenly said "nothing" ! She then leaned down a started whispering mean things to Donovan who was paying her no mind...I kind of wished he would have popped her one. I can't read lips, but I could just see the expression on this little girl's face and I really couldn't believe that someone so young could be so downright evil for absolutely no reason!!! I just stared at her with my best I see you look! I don't thinkI wanted to slap someone else's child so bad, of course I would never do that, but I WANTED to. She hit the wagon seat again and I told her in front of her dad to "stop hitting the back of the wagon" and then he finally tried to put her in check! Little demon seed!!! I love kids, anyone who knows me would attest to that, but I can't stand the little evil ones!Anyway, I finally left that park because I was not having a good time and I forgot where I parked!!!!! I remembered the section, but forgot how to get there! I called my sister who was at her car by this time - they had decided to leave an hour after I "left" and she reminded me! I was just so frustrated and over baked! I almost made myself laugh when I saw my face in the mirror and thought I looked like a candybar that was left in the car on a hot day. You know they get that sweaty layer and the start to morph so you know what it is but the look of it makes you cringe...yeah that was me! Then I had to drive 250 miles home! An 18 wheeler tried to run me off the road - thank God Donovan was asleep because he would have learned a whole new vocabulary! Then the sky opened up and poured buckets of rain...I was actually thankful for the rain because it made me slow down and pay attention to the road. I called my sister, and guess what, no rain for them! Haha, just my luck!I knew I should have stayed my butt right at home! When Donovan got a double ear infection and strep 4 days before our trip...I should have stayed home. When my DH started complaining of flu like symptoms...I should have stayed home. When I woke up the day before the trip with a cold...I should have stayed home!!! I could have saved my money and STAYED HOME!!! There were a few good moments, but the bad kind of overshadows them! I'm just so glad I'm home!!


Dawn Bibbs said...

WOW!!! Not sure what to say here...other than...YOU SHOULD'VE STAYED AT HOME!!! LOL

I'm sorry you had a miserable outing. Those are the worst. And with kids...FORGET ABOUT IT!!!

Hope you all get to feeling better.

Adriann said...


Brown English Muffin said...

I've been getting those fainting spells since I was a teenager...they started to come right about the time of my period but as I got older they started to come more frequently any time but mostly during really intense heat.

I've full out fainted in public a few times when I was a teenager and i was soo embarrassed when I'd come to.

Now I can feel them coming and I rush to fresh air and start breathing slowly and I haven't fainted in a long while I can control them better now.

But I've never even thought about getting them checked out...not sure why!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin