Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Catching Up

Yikes! Has it really been 9 days since I last posted? I guess time flies even when you're bored out of your mind! It's been 8 months since I've been unemployed and I'm getting kind of bored! Not that I don't have anything to do, there's plenty along the lines of housework, which I HATE, running between karate and soccer practice, dragging my butt to the gym and attending seminars given by the small business development center, I'm just accustomed to having a packed daily schedule. It seems that my procrastinator gene has surfaced and I haven't gotten as far in my home study photography program or business development as I had hoped.

Don't get me wrong, I love having the opportunity to take some down time and spend more time with my children, I just need to get on my grind with making other things happen, too. Unemployment won't last forever and in my household, we need 2 incomes...

But on another note...

My baby turned 2 on the 9th!!!! I tried to post some pics of his birthday party one day, but my computer was PMSing! We gave him an ice cream party at this cute little parlor near our home and all the kids had fun...except Xander! He was fine at first, but once the children started arriving and they turned down the lights, he clung to me for dear life. Here's a photo of him blowing out his candles. He's so adorable with those kissable lips!


One thing I LOVE about being home is having the time to scrap (well except when my mojo packs up and checks out on me). I created this layout for Petaloo using the uber adorable Dear Lizzy line from American Crafts. Although the layout clearly is not about Spring, I like how the colors, the banners, and the playful butterflies really bring out the joy in the photos that Troy took of Donovan and me on Easter.

I used Petaloo sequins to add dimension to the flower centers.

I created the butterflies using Petaloo dazzlers and gems.

supplies: patterned paper- American Crafts, My Mind's Eye; Flowers, gems, sequins- Petaloo; rub-on- DCWV; stickles- Ranger; cardstock- American Crafts, alpha stickers- American Crafts, Bella Blvd; adhesive- Helmar

This wall hanging was fun to make. I plan to hang it in the boys' room once we get everything moved around. I used Away We Go from My Little Shoebox. Don't you just love those cars?


supplies: Patterned paper, alpha stickers. die cuts, transparency- My Little Shoebox; chipboard- Pink Paislee, K&Co, Zsiage, Heidi Swapp; ink- Clearsnaps; pen- sharpie; cardstock- Bazzill; glitter- sparkle n sprinkle; adhesive- Helmar

Thanks for stopping by!!


7 comments:

erin said...

oh how i love coming to your blog for good old fashioned inspo!!! love you love your style...

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! How cute is that birthday boy?? SO CUTE!

Do What You Love said...

Tanisha, I know what you mean - I just recently tucked my 16 month unemployment for a short stint - never thought it would be so good to be back in the grind of working! I love scrapping but I needed something and this is a nice break until the real deal comes along. Lucky you to be able to scrap your boys - two years old - they grow up fast and good of you to catch it! Your son is just so adorable! The LO is deliciously adorned; love all those extra special touches! Love the wall hanging! Your creativity is flying high! :)

Leah said...

happy birthday Xander!

RobinJ said...

Such a little cutie Xander is! Gorgeous LO of you and Donovan, and that wall hanging is adorable-love the bright colors. I think wonderful things are going to happen for you because you are going to make them happen--you will make your energy and faith work for you!
Hugs, RobinJ

Myia Shantrice said...

Tell that computer to quit tripping and take a pill!!! Love the photo of Xander and the new layout!

Carpet Rug Cleaning said...

Happy birthday! Take care and God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels