Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Cards | Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Valentine's Day bloggers!!! I am sharing a load of Valentine's Day cards that I created using Cheery Lynn Designs dies. I just love how versatile the dies are; they can be used straight forward or changed up to create an out of the box design.

I made this set of mini cards to go along with some goodies for my niece and nephews using XL Nested Scalloped Circles and Little Stackers Coved Rectangle. As you can see here, I used the scalloped circle as and embellishment on one of the cards and as the base of the other.

I created this next card for my sister's Valentine. Since the card is for a guy, I wanted to make it as masculine as possible. I achieved this look by adding a lot of texture. I cut the By The Sea Frame from patterned paper and chipboard and then used the Cement embossing plate from the grunge series to emboss it.

The frame actually cuts several pieces at a time, I just wanted the outer shape and the inner circle to create the faux scalloped border, so I put scotch tape around the parts that I didn't want cut out.

Here you can see the cement texture on the frame

I remember when the Heart to Heart Doily arrived at my house. I opened the package, but instead of seeing a heart, my mind's eye saw half of a butterfly wing and from that point, I couldn't wait to create a pretty butterfly with it. See I told you the dies are versatile! I used the Dots/Lines embossing plate to add some texture to the card base.


Here's a close up of the wing (err heart).


Below is a list of the supplies used on the cards. Click on each photo to find it in the store.









Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Beason said...

Happy V-day, Tanisha! :) Love the cards!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels