Saturday, December 17, 2011

8 Days To Go!

Only 8 more days until Christmas...can you believe it? I certainly can't! I swear, I'm getting worse at getting my decorations up in a timely fashion every year. I bought my Christmas Tree a couple of days ago and it still sits...undecorated! I'm going to do it tomorrow, though...I promise. The good thing is I'm just about finished with Christmas shopping. I have a few gift cards to pick up and then I'll spend a few days next week wrapping everything up. I'm excited to see the looks on my boys faces when they wake up on Christmas morning.

Part of the reason that I'm so behind is the fact that I've been tied to my scrap desk...and boy what a messy desk it is. I'm busy creating CHA products to get ready to ship to CA, keeping up with my DT assignments and creating some stuff...just because.

I created this project quite a while ago, but never posted it here. I love making these little gift bags from dies. I put a lot of work into this one, creating a shaker box on the front for added visual interest. All of the dies are from Cheery Lynn Designs, the flowers are from Petaloo and the papers are from Pink Paislee's Queen Bee line. I used my Purple Cow Laminator to laminate the lattice die cut to make the shaker box.

This bag can be easily adapted to create a gift bag for any occassion. Here's another one that I created for Christmas along with step by step directions.

I know it's December and most people have their minds on the upcoming holidays, but I couldn't help creating a layout featuring some of my favorite pictures of Donovan from Halloween. This was the first time that he chose a scary costume and he really got into the acts. Check out his Zombie stance!

I used Pink Paislee Hocus Pocus collection, which suited my pics perfectly. I took apart one of the DooDads and used it to mat one of the small circle photos. I never thought I'd ever use a fly rub-on, but I found a home for them here...I mean what self respecting Zombie doesn't have flies buzzing about?


Well, that's all I have for now, but I'll be back later this week with an adorable altered project.

Have a fantastic week!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels