Friday, August 1, 2008

Come Back Mojo...Comeback!

My latest addiction is......The Food Network! I am so tired of cooking the same thing over and over again, I guess you could say I am in dire need of a little mojo in the kitchen. Anyway, I signed up to receive Rachael Ray's Newsletter- it provides you with a week's worth of recipes and the shopping list of ingredients. Doesn't get any easier than that, right? Well, I decided to try one of the recipes and it turned out so good! In case you are in the same boat as me, here is the recipe for tilapia baked with couscous and sauted spinach (my own recipe). It's quick, it's easy and it's delicious and bursting with flavor.


One 10-ounce box couscous
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
Four 8-ounce tilapia fillets
3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes and cumin and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the 1/4 cup olive oil and the lemon juice. 2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange the tilapia fillets in a single layer in the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the fish with the couscous mixture and arrange the lemon slices on top. Pour 2 1/2 cups water around the fish, cover with foil and bake until tender, about 25 minutes. Top with the parsley.



For the sauted spinach, add 1 clove of chopped garlic to 1 tblsp of extra virgin olive oil in a heated pan. Saute for about 1-2 minutes then add fresh spinach and saute until the spinach cooks down. I like to add a little hot sauce to my spinach for a little extra punch!

I'm thinking of making another recipe scrapbook, sometime down the line- so I took a photo of my entree! LOL!




Now onto to my scrap mojo- it definitely hasn't been flowing like I want it to. I guess that's one of the downfalls of being an artist, the ebb and flow of creativity. I really had to force myself to complete the following projects because they were part of my design team obligations and had to be done.


I created this layout for Dream Girl's Challenge Blog challenge # 9. We were challenged to create a layout inspired by the lyrics in India.Arie's song titled Video. "You must use 3-5 pictures. And the twist? Use a beauty product in a creative way on your page. You'll see the Dream Team Divas used a variety of things - nail polish, facial wipes, and a mirror. Think outside the box." Here's our inspiration for you! I hope you join in the challenge on the dream girl's blog
- there's a great prize for one of the participants!


Here's my take on the challenge. I used my favorite sparkly nail polish to coat the alpha and the brads in the center of the flower.


journaling: i ain't built like a supermodel but i learned to love myself unconditionally because i am a queen- i know my creator didn't make no mistakes on me, I'm loving what I see ~india.irie "video" photos taken 7/28/08

All of the beautiful trim on these projects was provided by savvynsassy.com. Check out the sidebar on this blog to see all of the kits for this month- they're beautiful, I tell ya! These projects were also created for my DT projects for Zsiage.

close-up of my nail polish coated alpha and brad and my hand stitched title block.
I created this Owl card using Zsiage's New England line. The owl is chipboard and can be found at magistical memories- if you haven't seen their chipboard before, you must!!

I created this card using Zsiage's Do You Believe? line.

Stay tuned to my blog the beginning of next week- I will be giving away some awesome scrap goodies!!
Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanisha...just dropping by via the AC Moore forums. Your entry for the Dream Girls Challenge rocks! And I have to tell ya...your Blog Mojo is not skippin a beat. Great reading!

Rett

Celena said...

That does look yummy, and love that layout!

Anonymous said...

I'm with retta519, your blog is awsome! that layout is very nice - lemme find out YOU ARE THE TRUE DIVA OF SCRAPBOOKING! I might have to change my name :)

Tabitha W. said...

i haven't had mojo in so long, if it did hit i probably wouldn't even recognize it, lol!

the couscous and spinach sound divine!

Tracey Taylor said...

I am a Food Network junkie right now as well for the same reasons. I have a cookbook on my computer of all my favs. I might try your fish one. Dh would love it.

Sorry to hear your mojo has taken a break. It's very hard to scrap with deadlines that way. Your projects are adorable..noone would know you struggled! Love all the details.

Helena said...

That layout is fantastic, wow!!!

xxxx

Helena said...

oops meant to say, love your cards too!

XXXX

Anonymous said...

WOW,I am so reluctant to leave, but I know that my little one will be up soon! FANtastic layouts and I love reading all of the posts...I have put you on my blog roll so " I'll be back" Gina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels