Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fit For A Queen

I know I've said this before, but Pink Paislee is one of my favorite companies out there. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new releases and almost jumped for joy when I walked into my local scrapbook store Thursday to find PP's Queen Bee line sitting ever so regally on the shelves!

As soon as I brought these beautiful papers home, I went to work creating, starting with this Mother's Day gift set featuring Petaloo's mulberry flowers and velvet butterflies. Doesn't the color really pop against the papers?

These flowers are so incredibly gorgeous and super easy to work with. I spritzed the flowers and butterfly with gold glow smooch spritz and then coated the centers and tips of the large wild roses with stardust stickles. I wish you could see these in person!


Not only am I in a card making state of mind, but I've also been making handmade flowers alot lately, too.
I can't believe how easy it is to make these darling little roses!! I lightly spritzed them with silver glimmer mist for just the right hint of bling...the person receiving this card would probably think I spent hours laboring over it.


One of my favorite ways to create a quick and inexpensive sentiment for my cards is to write it out on paper and then cut around it. It gives my handwriting a "stamped" look.

Remember the shaped scissors that we were so crazy about a few years ago? Well I saved the few that I had and put the mini scallop to use here. I adhered the die cut tag to white cardstock and then trimmed around with the shaped scissors.

I also changed the color of the ribbon with just a few squirts of silver glimmer mist.


I used punched butterflies and glimmer mist to create the masked look seen here. Not only did I get a cool looking background, but I also saved the butterflies to use on other projects (I used 2 of them here).

I layered 6 punched flowers and cut a few flowers from patterned paper to create this cute bundle here. I stamped 3 of the punched flowers with my favorite french script stamp and spritzed the other 3 with silver glimmer mist.

I added distressed and stardust stickles to the centers to finish them off.


All of the cards in this post, except the "Friend" card, are scraplifts of some of my fave cards that I previously created. I love how the different papers give the cards a different look although the design is similar.

I hope you've enjoyed this post...happy scrapping!

9 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

These are truly brilliantly wel designed projects and utterly too gorgeous.

AnnaMarie said...

Gorgeous projects. I love this line, also. Yellow is making its way into my favorite colors to scrap with! And you're making me want to start using Glimmer Mist, which until now I thought was too messy.

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Wow - I'm seriously in awe of your amazing talent. I can't wait until these papers hit the Australian shores! I love all these cards but I think "thanks a bunch" is my favourite - I enjoy it's 'simplicity' but sheer elegance too. Thanks for sharing :)

Diana Waite said...

These creations are AMAZING girl!

Cyndy said...

Such great papers! And of course your talent just makes them even better! Fabulous frame and cards!

allyson joy said...

Ohhhhh,,, love these Missy - I always love pink paislee too,,, I loved the pleated ribbons we saw at cha - dreamy!! These projects are beautiful Tanisha - you're a rock star!!
{xoxo}

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! All of the flowers are great :)

RobinJ said...

You're right about the Pink Paisley paper--it's gorgeous! Also lovin' your projects!!!
xoxo-RobinJ

Unknown said...

Lovely cards I got rid of all those sissors! I love the hand made roses though so pretty and very easy to make I bet!

Love Dawn xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels