Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creative Imaginations New Release - Marrakesh

"Christine Adolph's new collection, Marrakesh blends warm, rich colors along with beautiful patterns. Look for Marrakesh in store this April!"

Check out these and other new releases from Creative Imaginations on the blog!

I am a huge proponent of scrappers including themselves in their own scrapbooks. The rich colors and gorgeous patterns in this collection had my name written all over it, so I just had to create a layout about me! I punched scalloped strips from the different purple papers found in this collection and layered them for a textured look that mimics my "new favorite dress". I added a bunch of Petaloo flowers and punched butterflies to finish off the layout.


The design of the layout inspired this card. I repeated the layered punched border strips to create a very mature looking birthday card.


I also used Marrakesh on this little purse mini album featuring my friend Dolores' little girl. I painted the handle and edges of the mini with egyptian gold luminarte.

See the button in the center of the flower? I made it with clay! Go me! I rolled the clay out and then pressed a dimensional button die from Cheery Lynn Designs, cut around it, poked out the holes and then let it dry. Once dry, I painted it with luminarte and then added it to my project.



I'll be posting lots more CHA projects in the next few days!!

Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

I LOVE the tons of layered strips. The plum colors are so juicy and warm. Love!

LISA said...

I am loving the beautiful colors of the fab new line!! Your LO is just gorgeous and that is one beautiful photo of you!! The purse album is adorable, and the card, ever so pretty!! Love your work Tanisha!!
hugs
Lisa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels