Monday, September 12, 2011

Back To School Layout

Happy Monday blog readers!! I am here with my first 2011-2012 school year layout. I used some more Simple Stories papers and quite a few Cheery Lynn Designs dies to bring to life the photos of my newly crowned second grader's first day of school.

I started by die cutting the largest of the XL French Flair Nesting Stackers and "stretching" it. You can see how I did that in this post. I used Arrow #2 and a portion of the Dutch Scallop Square Frame to create horizontal lines to direct the viewer's eye across the page.

I just love all of the detail and dimension that Cheery Lynn Designs dies add to each die cut!


I created my own owl embellishment by using foam adhesive to layer circles cut from the XL Scalloped Circles Nesting Dies and the Little Stackers Circle Nesting Dies. I cut the owl from patterned paper and then adhered to the layered circles using foam adhesive.

I die cut stars from the Dimensional button 2 set to use as embellishments and completed the title with letters cut from the Varsity Font set.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!!


4 comments:

Kim said...

this is fabulous!!!!! Love love!!!!!

jillofallcrafttrades said...

awesome details and i love taht little owl!

Jona Panesa said...

so gorgeous! loved it!

Pamela said...

You rock! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin