Monday, September 12, 2011

Back To School Layout

Happy Monday blog readers!! I am here with my first 2011-2012 school year layout. I used some more Simple Stories papers and quite a few Cheery Lynn Designs dies to bring to life the photos of my newly crowned second grader's first day of school.

I started by die cutting the largest of the XL French Flair Nesting Stackers and "stretching" it. You can see how I did that in this post. I used Arrow #2 and a portion of the Dutch Scallop Square Frame to create horizontal lines to direct the viewer's eye across the page.

I just love all of the detail and dimension that Cheery Lynn Designs dies add to each die cut!


I created my own owl embellishment by using foam adhesive to layer circles cut from the XL Scalloped Circles Nesting Dies and the Little Stackers Circle Nesting Dies. I cut the owl from patterned paper and then adhered to the layered circles using foam adhesive.

I die cut stars from the Dimensional button 2 set to use as embellishments and completed the title with letters cut from the Varsity Font set.

Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today!!


4 comments:

Kim said...

this is fabulous!!!!! Love love!!!!!

Brianna Marshall said...

awesome details and i love taht little owl!

Jona Panesa said...

so gorgeous! loved it!

Pamela said...

You rock! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels