Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer's Unofficial End

Good day blog readers!! I have a super cute, dare I say it, winter layout to share with you today. It features Cheery Lynn Designs dies and an embossing plate.

Here in the US, we are celebrating Labor Day today!! This is always a bittersweet holiday for me. Sweet because of the 3 day "weekend" and delicious celebratory BBQ food....bitter because it marks the unofficial end of summer, which just happens to be my favorite season. I'm always sad to see summer go.

The end of summer means winter will be here before we know it. Although winter is my least favorite season, it's one of my favorite to scrap. My son LOVES winter and that means I get the best, happiest, most fun photos of him during the winter...especially in the snow!

I wanted the winter/snow theme to really standout, so I used a lot of white space to mimic the look of snow and lot of Snowflakes cut into different shapes. I even used Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily as a large snowflake embellishment.

I used my sewing machine to stitch varying lengths of horizontal lines down my layout and then added the snowflakes and half pearls to mimics falling snow.

As you can see in this close-up, I embossed the blue patterned paper with the Dots/Lines embossing plate for a textured, "snowy" look. I added snowflakes coated with silver stickles to a couple of the title letters for a fun look.

Supplies used:
Dots/Lines Embossing Plate
Snowflakes
Ribbon Eyelet Border
Luggage Tag
Index Card
School Days Font
Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily
Embossing Pad

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!! Have a safe and Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels