Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Latest CI Projects

I know, I know...I've been a lackadaisical blogger of late.  I have so many balls in the air and am trying to juggle the best I can. 

It's been nearly 3 months since I returned to work;  I'm trying to keep up with the boys' schedules, keep up with DT assignments (which has proven to be a struggle), appointments, housework, etc, etc... and still make it to bed at a decent time, which judging by the bags under my eyes, isn't happening!   But, I am hanging in there!  I'm determined to get on a manageable schedule.

I have created quite a few projects that I HOPE to share throughout the week,  :)  starting with my latest creations from Creative Imaginations.

I made this little ditty for my godson who's loves counting and reading books.  The bare elements chipboard album is very sturdy and the pages are very easy for little fingers to turn.




One of my favorite ways to use ribbon is on gift packaging. I love that I can add that extra special touch without having to take a trip to the store. I used May Arts Silky/Crush ribbon in white and blue/white baker's twine and the gorgeous Sakura line by Christine Adolph for this birthday gift and card. To make my gift set sparkle, I spritzed the card and the front of the gift box with red pearl Luminarte Radiant Rain mist.




 
I create this card for a friend. I embossed a piece of wood paper and then inked the raised design and then embellished with twine and a die cut.


Have you ever come across one of those collections that is just so pretty that you don't even want to cut into it? That's exactly how I felt about Christine Adolph's Sakura collection. The beautiful colors and patterns are suitable for framing!

As you can see, I eventually decided to cut into those pretty papers to create this layout. I used the die cut paper as my background and cut the lanterns from patterned paper to use as a decorative element across the top of the layout.

I brought out the purple in the papers by painting a strip of Paint It papers with sugar plum Luminarte Twinking H2Os. I further embellished with die cuts, layered stickers, and a border punched strip of real wood paper.


 


Thanks for stopping by today!!

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

GORGEOUS creations!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels