Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life At 35

I can not believe it's August already!! I just 2 short days I will be a year older, which feels a little strange because I'll officially be closer to 40 than 30! YIKES! Last month, I had the pleasure of guest designing for Scrapstreet.com. The assignment was to create a layout of me at my current age. I love doing these types of layouts because I know in a few years I can look back and see exactly how I was feeling or what I was thinking at a given time in my life.

I used this beautiful line, Gypsy Sisters by Kaiser Crafts and a mixture of embellishments from different manufacturers.

Journaling: Life @ 35 isn't quite what I imagined it would be, but it's still good. 5/9/10

I'm a homeowner and am married with two sons. I am unemployed and have been since August, 2009. I want to start my own business, but am feeling a little overwhelmed. I am in the process of searching for a part-time job for extra money. I have been scrapbooking for 6 years and counting and love that I get to design projects for several manufacturers. My love for photography continues to grow every day.


Here are a few close-ups of some of the details.




I framed the clear printed packaging, backed it with a piece of patterned paper and used it as an embellishment...very "green" of me huh.

Supplies: Patterned paper, die cuts: Kaiser Craft (Gypsie Sisters); chipboard, ribbon: Pink Paislee; Lace: Savvy n sassy; Flowers, transparent packaging: Prima; gems: Prima, Kaiser Crafts, Want 2 Scrap; frames: Melissa Frances; butterflies: Alexx Kesh; ink: Clearsnaps; pen: Sharpie; stickles: Ranger; silhouette sticker: Heidi Swapp; adhesive: Helmar Zapdots, Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive; Helmar Premium Craft Glue; Helmar Scrap Dots


Thanks so much for looking!

Stay tuned for my annual birthday giveaway!!! It's going to be FABULOUS!!!

2 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love the beautiful flowers and the elegant detail of your layout. So pretty.

Carin McDonough said...

Totally stunning, love the colour combination! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels