Friday, July 1, 2011

For The Birds

Good day Blog readers!! Today, I have a gorgeous (if I must say so myself) altered project created using Cheery Lynn Designs dies. I purchased this unfinished wood birdhouse quite some time ago from AC Moore. I was cleaning out my scrap room the other day when I "rediscovered" it. Don't you love when that happens? I decided to give it an overhaul using Creative Imaginations luminarte paints, IOD Devotion collection and several CLD dies and an embossing plate.

After painting the edges of the birdhouse with playful peony twinklings H2Os, I cut panels to fit the 4 sides. Before adhering them, I embossed each using the Bricks and Stones embossing plate to give the walls of the birdhouse a textured look. Next, I cut the Border Carnivale several times and then layered the trimmed strips to the roof to form the shingles.

I cut the Victorian Picket Fence from chipboard and cardstock, layered the 2 for sturdiness, painted with oyster twinkling H2Os, and then adhered to the back of the birdhouse. I embellished the fence with the Grass Border and Exotic Mini Butterflies.


Here's a close-up of the one of the sides. You can really see the layered effect that I created using the border carnivale die.

I added a little shimmer to the edges of the shingles by painting each with luminarte twinkling H2Os paint in oyster. I used a heat gun to dry the paint and curl the edges of the paper.




Here's a close-up of one of the mini butterflies. I really like this size because you can add several of them and still have room on your projects for other embellishments.

I spritzed the "Believe" banner with lime luminarte shimmering mist to match the paper.

Here's a close-up of the grass border and victorian fence. These 2 are an amazing pair!!

I added strips of glittered dome pearls to the bottom of my project to finish it off.

LinkThanks so much for stopping by today. I hope this post has given you a few ideas for ways to incorporate CLD dies and luminarte paints on your projects!!


2 comments:

erin said...

this is GORGEOUS, Tanisha!!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Tanisha that is insanely gorgeous. OMG!

Paula of Ivy & Elephants

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels