Monday, July 11, 2011

More From Cheery Lynn Designs

Happy Monday blog readers!! Today, I am sharing a card for a precious new baby and a colorful layout featuring my younger son.

I have to admit, I'm mostly a scrapbooker, but I've noticed that more and more cards have made their way into my creation zone and my Cheery Lynn Designs dies are right there to serve as the perfect accents for them!!

For this "Sweet New Baby" card, I mixed some older releases with the new to create an adorable card for a boy or girl. I added lots of texture to the background by embossing with the XL Burlap plate and then used the Border Carnivale, French Pastry Doily, and the Scalloped and Classic Nesting Circles to complete the card.


Here's a close-up of the details


I created a cheery layout about my colorful character, Xander. He's so spunky and I wanted this layout to have that same feel. I started by framing the photo using the largest of the French Flair Nesting Dies and the Grass Border.


I added a couple of fun borders at the bottom using the Scalloped Diamonds border and by connecting die cuts from the smallest of the Little Nested Coved Rectangle Stackers dies to form a ticker border. I love how versatile the dies are. Just by simply connecting die cuts together, you can form a totally different look!

I finished off my title by using the adorable Varsity font set.


Detail shots:

NOTE: the easiest way to adhere the grass border without a big mess is to use a spray adhesive.



Thanks so much for stopping by!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels