Monday, August 22, 2011

Repetition with Cheery Lynn Dies

Happy Monday blog readers!! I'm here with a quick post to show you how to use repetition to make some of the smaller dies that Cheery Lynn Designs offers really stand out on your projects.

I used 3 die cut apples to create this A+ Teacher card. Of course the apples could be swapped out using any number of our dies.

I created texture on the front panel of this card by embossing it with the Burlap plate and embossing pad and then finished off the title using the School Days font.


Here's a close-up of the dimension created by adding pop dot to my elements. I also added more texture by stitching the Coved Rectangle stacker before adhering it to the card.


Here's another example of using repetition to increase the impact of smaller dies.

I used Little Stackers Scalloped Circle Nesting Dies to highlight 4 stamped pumpkin faces on this Halloween card. Again, any of the smaller dies in the Little Stackers Dies sets could be used in the same fashion!

Other Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:
Coved Rectangle Stackers
Border Carnivale
French Flair Stackers

I hope this post has inspired you to pull out your smaller dies and put them to work on your projects!

Until next post...happy scrapping!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work, Tanisha. Great inspiration for back to school and fall. Thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels