Sunday, May 27, 2007

I was pulled over...

...by a lying officer, yesterday! It didn't even dawn on me that he was lying until after I drove off and replayed the whole conversation in my mind. I was driving down the NJ Turnpike on my way to my nephew's 3rd birthday party. At exit 7A, a state police officer pulled onto the highway and I thought "great, now traffic is really going to slow up"! I watched him pull into the far left lane 2 cars in front of me so I got over into the middle lane (it's a 3 lane highway at this point) so I could keep my eye on him. Suddenly he slowed down so that he was able to pull in back of me and then put on his lights signaling for me to pull over. I have to be the only person in the world to get pulled over by a cop who is driving in front of me!!! So anyway, I pull over to the right shoulder and take out my licence and registration, (which I always told myself I wouldn't do until the officer is at my window...NJ Turnpike was supposedlyinfamous during the whole DWB epidemic). He comes to the window and tells me that I didn't signal before switching lanes. I was a little befuddled because I usually always use my signal on the highway, especially with DS in the car. I looked the officer in the eye and politely said "I did use my signal. I always signal". He was adamant that I didn't use my signal. I was adamant that I did. So I asked him to check them, they all were working. He said "yeah, I saw you switch lanes without signaling twice while I was behind you and then right before I pulled you over, the only time you signaled is when I pulled you over". Then he asked if everything was OK with my licence (which it is) and told me he was just going to issue me a warning. He takes my info to his car and checks me out of course. I couldn't believe it, though I'm not surprised!! He came back with the warning and told me it wouldn't count for anything and then told me to have a nice day. I was more than a little peeved! I called my sister and told her what happened and then thought about the incident. That's when I realized...hold up...did he just tell me that he saw me change lanes twice without signaling while he was behind me? He was never behind me!!! I saw him come onto the highway and the I stayed behind him!! LIAR!!! I swear NJ state police officers are the cockiest...! If he'd given me a ticket, I darn sure would have fought it, but I'm glad it was just a warning...though an unwarranted and unnecessary warning!

4 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

OMG!!! Even getting a warning sux!!! He wasted your time with even that. I bet you any money that the reason he didn't ticket you was because you actually questioned him. Had you not "debated" with him, he would've cited you.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Adriann said...

Sorry to hear about the police officer incident. Sometimes I think they don't have any better to do than to go around and harrass people. He may have been looking to ticket for no insurance or registration. They do that in my city. Pull you over for nothing to check your paperwork. Like Dawn said, it's a big waste time.

Hope you are having a blessed Memorial weekend!

Kate said...

What a JERK! So glad he didn't try giving you a ticket! Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Brown English Muffin said...

I've heard NJ is THE WORST!!! I got a ticket on Garden State Parkway but I have to admit I was in the wrong...I had just gone to the Drive in Movie theater in Warwick and it was 2AM and I was the only one on the parkway...and you know when you're the only one you don't have people around you to remind you of how fast you're going and I was going wayyyyy over the speed limit...so I didn't argue took the ticket and told HIM to have a nice day!!! My husband said he was totally totally pissed that I was happy and in a good mood the entire time...it was as if he wanted me to get mad and angry and rude...and as I knew I was wrong...I REFUSED to be ignorant..and it pissed him off royally!! I think I got more joy out of it than he did writing the ticket!!!!!!!!! LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels