Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

It's the unofficial start to summer...woohoo!!! This is my favorite time of year because there seems to be so much going on outside. Everyone is shaking off the winter blues and coming alive! I have a pretty busy weekend ahead. Today is my nephew Jaden's birthday...he's 3 years old! Donovan and I will make the 1 1/2 hour trek to South Jersey to attend his skating party. (hopefully we can beat the traffic, otherwise it's going to take 2-2 1/2 hours). Tomorrow we have a family barbecue with the inlaws, also in South Jersey. Why did we have to move?! (said in a whiney, sing song voice) This will be a lot of fun! Love my in-laws, they are too comical! Monday, I will march in my town's Memorial Day parade along with the other OEM volunteers. Afterwards, we are having a BBQ at the OEM building. I'm sooo looking forward to Jon's (our coordiantor) ribs! Then it's back to work on Tuesday! boohoo!

Doesn't look like I'm going to get much scrapping done this weekend. Here's my latest creation, (I used a CD for inspiration)...I drew and handcut the spiral around the pic and handcut the green title letters. To achieve the look of the title (green letters), I photocopied the CD at 230% and used the letters as a template for my title. Since the CD cover has a lot of "bling" on it in the form of $100 dollar bills falling from the sky, fancy cars, and furs I added bling to my LO. I also stayed with the same color scheme, too.

Journaling: You're our whole world little man and we love you to pieces! TFL!
Here's the CD I used:

3 comments:

Cathy said...

You do have a busy weekend!!! I on the other hand will be home for the next 3 days just waiting for some inspiration to slap me upside my head! Then when it does, I'll have it slap the other side of my head so what ever I create will be good.

Just love this LO you did. I'm so glad that you are still playing along. Show them what you have girl. You rocked this challenge big time!

Have a great weekend.

ScrappinMyRoots said...

Have a great weekend Tanisha! Love the lo.

Adriann said...

You are soooo creative!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels