Friday, May 11, 2007

So You Think You Can Scrap...

...well, yeah I guess! I needed a little boost in my layouts and nothing does it better than a challenge, so I decided to join the SYTYCS contest over at scraplovers.com. It's a 6 week contest, you get 1 week to complete the challenge and at the end of the week a percentage of the contestants will be voted out by a panel of judges. Check out this week's challenge:

[Here is your first challenge: Creativity; whether in the form of writing, dance, or music; makes ones very existence meaningful. Throughout these challenges we will be using the various forms of art, music and dance to inspire you in your art form of scrapping. We look forward to seeing what you create. To get things going we want you to embrace your inner artist…musical artist that is. Your first challenge is to choose a song and use either the title or a phrase from the song as your layout title. In addition to the Song Title inspiration you will use only cardstock- No patterned papers at all!] We can't creat our own patterned either, the idea is to really let the cardstock shine.

So, here's my layout. The song title I chose for this LO (Fading Like A FLower) is by a Swedish Pop/Rock group named Roxette. The title couldn't have been more perfect to describe how I feel when I look at this pic I took of my son earlier this week. Using no pp wasn't as difficult as I thought, I love how this turned out!


Journaling: Looking at this picture makes me happy and sad; happy because my baby is growing up and coming into his own. He's asserting his independence and learning more about his surroundings everyday. It makes me sad because my baby is growing up. Everyday, it's harder for me to remember him as the tiny baby that I used to snuggle close. I miss those times, but I'm looking forward to the future with him. I guess you can say this is bittersweet. My baby is fading into a little boy with a cute little devilish grin on his face. I know he's going to continue growing up, but I want to try to remember him just like this! Journalled May 10, 2007 TFL!

3 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh MY...what a challenge. And let me be the first to say, you knocked it out the park, girl!!! I love it!

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Tobey said...

Gorgeous layout girl! Great song choice for your subject too. I can totally relate to your journaling. My baby boy will be 5 in less than a month!!! I can't believe he will be starting Kindergarten in the fall...it's hard being a mommy. Happy Mother's Day by the way. :)

Shanismom said...

beautiful LO...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels