Saturday, July 7, 2007

Seven Seven Oh Seven!

Day 1 of my Jamaican vacation: I've been reminded of the reason why I don't care to go on vacation with large groups- just getting everyone organized with minimal complaining seemed to be too much. Our day started early as heck...in order to leave by 4:15, we had to get up at 3:45. I had to nurse a nose bleed - probably irritated due to my allergies. We were late getting to the airport, but everything went smoothly once we arrived.

The plane ride was OK - Donovan thoroughly enjoyed himself! We arrived at the hotel long before the rooms were ready. Hate that, but it happens. The day was pretty uneventful, we walked around the resort and had lunch and drinks. We were so tired that all we really wanted to do was take a nap. We finally got to out rooms around 3:20 and crashed! I slept for about 5 hours, Troy woke up an hour after that and Donovan an hour after him. At 10pm Donovan and I were walking around. I had one of those parental moments when I realized how judgemental I was as a non-parent. If (before I was a parent) I saw someone walking with a 3 year old at 10 or 11 at night, I would have thought something like "she know she need to have that baby in bed" or "it's way past bedtime". Now as a mother with a 3 year old who just slept for 7 hours...well let's just say it was one of those Aha moments!

Let me tell you how my "aunt" followed me to Jamaica...the little heifer! You know that aunt I'm talking about, we all have her or have had her. She's the one who shows up unannounced on your wedding night or on your graduation when you're wearing all white or on your vacation! I was so pissed, I guess you can say I was seeing RED, literally! Good thing I came prepared...I just need to find some advil!

Today the 3 of us went on the semi submarine boat ride and it was amazing! We were able to go underwater and watch the fish through windows! Love it!

3 comments:

Adriann said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast. Too funny about the Aha moment. I use to be like that too before becoming a mother. Then when we find ourselves in the same situation you go AHA! Judge not and ye shall not be judged.

Enjoy your vacation and I can't wait to see pics!

Blessings!

doulanana said...

Oh I wish I was there! Enjoy the rest of your holiday!!!

Cathy said...

Advil and several cocktails might temporarily resolve the Aunt thing.
Have a blast! I wish I was there!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels