The new Dreamgirls challenge is up and I'll tell you, I had a blast with this one! The Dreamgirls are challenging YOU to create a layout using black and white photo(s), 3 different stamps and wings. Click here to see what the Dreamgirls and our September Guest Designer Michelle Strachan have come up with--don't forget to leave some love! We're gonna be on the lookout for our October Guest Designer, so show us what you've got!!!
This is what I came up with for the challenge. I wish you could see it in person, the photo doesn't really do it justice. I love this pic of my boys and wanted to keep the colors simple and classy and I can't get enough of all things clear! I cut the center from Jenni Bowlin die cut paper and mounted the outer edge on a 12x12 transparent overlay (which has been in my stash for about 3 years). I then trimmed the overlay excess. Next, I used stazon ink and stamped the french script several times on the transparency. (This is my absolute favorite stamp, it's by hero arts; I've used it on several projects over the past few years. Love it!!) In order for the script to stand out, I dry brushed cream acrylic paint on the back of the transparency.
I stamped this acrylic stamp made by Autumn leaves onto a transparency using stazon, cut it out and then adhered using Zip Dry Paper Glue which works well for adhering clear elements.
The edges of each butterfly was painted using Ranger's black paint dabber and the bodies finished off with Kaiser's black rhinestones.
I used Inque Boutique stamp for the line of small circles across the top. I just stamped it on paper and cut it out.
Another angle of one of the butterflies. I bent the wings and only adhered the bodies to the LO to add dimension.