Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Card Making Day

Today is World Card Making day and here is my contribution! The other day I create a layout using Webster's Pages (I can't show you that until later this month). Their papers are so phenomenally beautiful...I was more than happy to make a card with the leftovers.

I used Shimmerz barn door spritz on the stars and sapphire spritz on the satin ribbon for a beautiful finishing touch!

Card making day is not just for cards...I threw a layout in the mix, too! I love these papers by Collage Press, they are the perfect match for this photo, one of my fave pics that I took this summer. It's of my little Xan and I love it because it's so full of personality and I just want to kiss all over those sweet cheeks every time I see it!

I also used Shimmerz spritz here too. I spritzed truffle in the upper and lower right corners. I trimmed the background paper to 10 3/4 x 12 to accommodate for the overhang.

Then I spritzed truffle over the chipboard word that I painted with crackle paint. The crackle and the glimmer seems like a contradiction in terms, but works so well here.

Thanks for taking a peek...have a great time creating today!!!


5 comments:

Lynne Forsythe said...

Hey Tanisha....B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L layout!!!

PS....I've seen her layout and it to is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L also!!

Vel said...

Oh, it looks really great. I think I have to try this stuff!

sarah said...

i don't even know where to start.... I LOVE THIS!!!! with a passion!!

great stuff on your blog.

hugs,
sarah.

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Those are so cute.....I love the shimmery effect. Just stopping by from SITS to say hi.:)

Ann said...

Those are great LO's your work is so inspiring, so I tagged you

http://adayinthelifetoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-award.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels