Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Boy and A Girl Layout

One of the best things about creating for gonescrapbooking/examiner.com is the fact that I get to use anything in my stash and scrap any subject that I wish!! As you can see here, I scrapped a grungy boy layout and then turned around and created a very clean, girly layout.

This past June, I took the boys to $1 night at the New Jersey State Fair and I'm finally getting around to scrapping the pictures. The Bo Bunny papers that I used on this layout really inspired the grungy look. I added some Luminarte Shimmering Spray and acrylic paint that I watered down to create the background. I even dug deep in my stash and pulled out some foam thickers. I gave them an updated look by coating them with stickles (distressed and regular). I love the texture it added.


Journaling:

We had so much fun @ the fair.
  • Xander ate cheese fries & rode down the slide w/ me.
  • Donovan won his panda bear all by himself.
  • The boys ate funnel cake for the 1st time and loved it!
  • Donovan rode the bumper cars by himself
  • Xander cried to get on the big rides, but he was too small.

Having 2 boys, I rarely get to create little girl pages. My friend Dolores was kind enough to email me some pictures of her adorable little girl, Elisa, so I wouldn't have this problem anymore. Is she a doll or what? Thanks Dee!!

How perfectly does these new papers from My Little Shoebox compliment this photo of Elisa. The little girl die cut even has on a yellow shirt and pink embellishment in her brown hair, just like Elisa does. Love it when things come together so cohesively.

Thanks to my friend sweet Erin for hooking me up with these papers!! I couldn't wait to try them out!!

journaling: Elisa is such a li'l sweetie pie. Not only is she a sweetheart, she's fun to be around and full of spunk!

Here are close-ups of the details.

I really adore the mini pennant banners! I used Bella Blvd coin alpha on one to finish off the title.


I layered a few Petaloo flowers and punched a few butterflies from transparencies and patterned paper for an extra girly touch.


Thanks for stopping by today!! I really appreciate all of you and your wonderful comments!! Have a great day!!

Until next post...

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

that grungy look is AWESOME! And your girly page--priceless! :)

Dolores said...

Tanisha anytime girl, I love both your layouts. Fabulous!!!

Tricia said...

These are great! Tanisha you are totally helping me get my groove back girlfriend!

Lisa said...

Wow you are good! I found your layouts on scrapbook.com and came right here. Wonderful artistic work!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels