Tuesday, March 1, 2011

52 Week Project - February Photos

So February is over, thank goodness! I am so not a winter person; the winter blues kick in and I want to do nothing but hibernate in the cold weather months. All of the snow and rain that we've had has kept me buried in the confines of my home...not to mention the fact that I've been bumming it. I'm so glad that Spring is on it's way!!

I'm still chugging along with the 52 Week Project. I'm not all that thrilled with my self-portraits this month. Like I said, I stayed in a lot which didn't allow for very much optimal light or creativity. But it's all good...it's all part of the process! The important thing is that I stuck with it. I have issued myself a challenge for the month of March. At least half of my photos have to be taken outside.

Here are my photos for weeks 5-8

Week 5-- 2/5/11 I like to call this one "...out, out, damned spot!"

I often find myself looking down at that hideous spot that decided to take up residence on my face last summer. I finally went to the dermatologist a few weeks ago to get it biopsied. It turns out that it's a pigmented solar keratosis--or pre-cancer as the Physician's Assistant explained to me.

The irony of this is I've always (since my early 20's) been a big sunscreen advocate. I slather myself and my kids and get on my husband for not wearing any, especially when we're going to be in the sun. I can't tell you how many times I told my friends and family "Black folks can get skin cancer, too. Don't be fooled by the melanin!" From what I've read it can be caused by overexposure to the sun from as far back as childhood.

Thankfully it's not harmful to me in any way since it was caught early. I just have to use a chemotherapy cream for a few weeks until it goes away.

Week 5

Week 6-- 2/12/11 making shower favors for my friend's sister's baby shower-- I love being creative!

Week 6

Week 7-- 2/18/11 This is how I spend most winter weekends...huge sweatshirt or sweater, flannel pajama pants, (ahem, hair undone) and connecting with my cyber friends on my laptop.

Chillaxin' Week 7

Week 8-- 2/25/11

Week 8

1 comment:

~EssenseVibez~ said...

gurl, i almost went through the same thing---i had a mole on my chest that was itching and spreading a lil' bit---well long story short, they took it off---now i'm stuck with a dang keloid on my chest---have to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon to remove it---but imma let it jusss sit there---might make it worse if i go through with it----you are blessed!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels