Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SNR Feature


I had the honor of being a Featured Artist for Scrapbook News and Review Ezine. I wrote an article about making the time to scrapbook yourself. You can check it out on SNR's website under Fun Stuff.

I created this All About Me layout for the feature and also added a few older layouts, too.

Close-ups of the tissue paper flowers


Here's the step by step instructions for creating those tissue paper flowers seen on the layout:

Step 1: Gather your supplies {Heat tool, Luminarte Radiant Rain shimmering spritz, Metal dies, Die cutting machine, adhesive squares, flower center, gift wrap tissue paper}


Step 2: Use metal dies to die cut several different size circles. (I used the 3 smaller circles, but die cut 2 of the circles twice for a fuller flower.)

Step 3: Spray each circle with Luminarte shimmering spritz.

Step 4: Very gently crumple the circles and dry them with a heat tool.

Step 5: Very gently un-crumple the circles and dry the centers if necessary.

Step 5: Apply adhesive square to the center of each circle and layer in size order, with the smallest on the top.

Step 7: Add flower center and then attach to the project.


Want more ideas for using Luminarte paints? Check out the blog!

4 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

This layout is smokin' hot!!!!! I adore this new paper line, can't wait to get my hands on it! Love your tissue flowers...thanks dearly for the tutorial!

Diana Waite said...

oh my WORD!! This is AMAZINGLY AWESOME!! LOVE it, and thanks for the great tutorial for the flower.

Unknown said...

Tanisha...what a clever idea and great tutorial! No wonder they picked you to be featured!! Love the layout too... you ROCK!!!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

T---you're an awesome woman---love ya much!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels