Sunday, February 15, 2009

New DreamGirls Challenge

DreamGirls challenge #22 went up this morning and boy did we have a ball with this one! The challenge was to use 80% American Crafts products, at least one flourish and at least one heart on our LOs. Check out what the rest of the DreamGirls came with!

I created yet another LO about my babies, because I just love them so much and I adore these photos I took of them on Christmas (and just before). I changed the photos to b/w so the colors didn't clash with the papers (which I've been dying to use).

Who says you can't use pink on boy LOs? Certainly not me! I love crossing the "color barrier" and it was easy to do here because the page is about love, so the pink translated well.

journaling: Donovan & Xander, you two are the greatest gifts that God has blessed me with. I never knew I was capable of loving anyone as much as I love you!

close up of the flower: I cut some of the petals with my craft knife and curled them up to add dimension to the flower and then added some bling to dress up the centers. I cut the bird from a piece of AC patterned paper- originally, it was pink and facing the opposite direction, I just flipped it over to the orange side, covered it with stickles and added a gem to form the eye.

I also added Kaiser's pearls and pink rhinestones to some of the polka dots on the patterned paper covering the chipboard heart. I love adding as much detail as I can to all of the elements on my LOs. I think the stitching and the floss tied in a bow gives this a nice "homey" feel.

Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you play along and join in on the challenge. This weeks prize is going to be awesome (especially if you love American Crafts as much as we do)!

8 comments:

erin said...

gorgeous layout!

mborrero said...

saw you on facebook. Love the name of your blog.

Jennifer Beason said...

Gorgeous layout, Tanisha! I love those colors together!!!

Helena said...

Stunning as usual!!!

Love the flower! Clever idea.
xxxx

Anonymous said...

GIRL .. breathtaking .. WOW .. you know you be off the chain. SO you submitting this to Scrapbook Trends right .. yah that is what I thought .. YES

Tracey Taylor said...

I love every inch of this page!! WTG

Sophia said...

Well, this is definitely, breathtaking for me!! I'm inspired by your works gal! I love how you use pink on your layout of the boys! I should try it sometime too!

Wati Basri said...

dftly gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels