Wednesday, April 22, 2009

E.R.

We had yet another ER visit tonight. I was in Shop Rite picking up a few things for a new recipe I wanted to try for dinner when I received a call from Xander's daycare. I thought it was a little weird and figured something was wrong because it was 25 minutes before I was to pick him up. The director told me that Xander had fallen into the cubbies, bumped his head, and now has a knot on his head! Ugh! When I reached his school the teachers were icing the lump on his forehead. My baby is ALWAYS bumping his head, but never hard enough to cause a hickey. I took him to the ER just to make sure there was no damage, you know at this age, the front of the head is still so soft. After 2 hours we were released with a clean bill of health! The X-ray showed no fractures or anything like that. The doc told me to wake him every 3-4 hours and check him out. If everything looks good in 12-24 hours, then there's no problem. He's going to have a nice black and bruise tomorrow, though!

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Poor poor baby boy! Well you know he's gonna be a rough one!

Sasha said...

OMGoodness girl .. poor thing. It makes me wonder how kids just bounc back up .. when I hit my head, I have headaches, be mad and all that .. I hope he feels better and all is good in the morning when you wake up .. hugs ..

marcibun said...

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious - I hate that lump you get in your throat when you get that call that they've had a "little accident".

Jennifer Beason said...

OMG! - I'm glad Xandier is ok!

Deanna said...

Glad everything's okay! What a scary moment!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels