Monday, August 24, 2009

16 Days And Counting...

In just 16 days, on Sept 9th, my baby will take his very first steps into "big kid school". Kindergarten...here he comes! I hope you're ready for him...he's smart as a whip, he questions everything because as he puts it "I just wanna know stuff", and he has boundless energy.

I'm feeling some kind of way about him starting real school. I don't know why, well in a way I do...it's just in my book, this is the beginning of him officially growing up. Everyday he takes another step towards independence and although I embrace this, I still want hold on ever so tightly to the idea that he NEEDS me for everything.

I'm used to him being away from home during the day, I've been a working mom up until a couple of weeks ago and he's gone to daycare and now preschool so that's not the issue. I just worry and I want to protect him. I'm actually a little over protective, but he's my baby. I don't want him to be judged or have people expect so much more from him because of his size. He's 5 1/2 years old, stands 4'1-1/2" and weighs 63 lbs...about the size of an average 7 year old. I don't want some kid bothering him because he's trying to prove how tough he is by picking on "the big kid". I also worry that he may get bored in school because he's already so advanced intellectually. Maybe I'm just over thinking things, but I can't help myself, I'm somewhat of a worry wart!

On the flip side, I'm excited about him starting Kindergarten! I know he's going to make new friends and love all of the new experiences that await him. I'm looking forward to chaperoning field trips and helping with bake sales (do they still have bake sales these days?), etc...

Hopefully as time goes on, my fears and worries will subside...some...



Check out my big boy modeling his Mohawk that daddy gave him. Look how much older he looks...he's even posing differently! Love this boy!





Stay tuned for more Kindergarten chronicles!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Stacey Michaud said...

oh, he is soo cute Tanisha! It is a major rite of passage going to school! Definitely makes them seem more grown up!

Unknown said...

He is way too cute; and you're right... he's on the threshold of independdence! It's all downhill from here!

Arlene Camacho said...

Hi, Tanisha!!!

wow, I can certainly empathize with you and your worries...as a mom, we always worry about our kids and hold our breath for them when they start new stuff. I think the 2 of you will be fine, and he will do great! sending good thoughts and wishes!

To respond to your comment on my blog:

Thanks so much!!! your opinion is of value because your work is awesome!

the cricut cartridge I used was the home accents one...(I hope I have the name right) it's the one with the flourishes. I used that cart. to cut the flower, the flourish, and the labels.

Kay said...

Awwwww I so remember those days, I have one son who is now 16 and boy do they grow fast. My son was the same really smart, he was skipped from kindergarden to first grade. As a mom we worry every minute of every day. I am sure your lil man will be fabulous....just look at his mommy! -Kay

doulanana said...

Hi Tanisha,
I can't believe how sweet and sharp he looks! Such a big boy! Having just married off our oldest and last child on Sat. (see pics on my blog), I can't begin to tell you how quickly the time flies and with such amazing parents for both your boys to always come home to, they'll be just fine out there in the world. Drop by my blog and say hi!

Sasha Farina said...

what a handsome young man!! he'll do fine.. don't worry :D

ellen s. said...

he is so cute! i LOVE the wink, lol! i am with you about them going to school and starting "life" . i can't believe how grown up he looks, though!

Tabitha W. said...

kindergarten....it's so bittersweet for a mom! i don't they will ever outgrow our worry ;)

and i totally love his new mohawk! you sure make some beautiful, i'm sorry, handsome little men!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My photo
I live in New Jersey with my husband and our 2 sons. I work full time as a Medical Technologist and volunteer for the Community Emergency Response Team in my town. I've been scrapping for the past 8 years and I truly love it because it allows me to combine my love of photography and my love of paper into one art form. I love teaching scrapbook classes and providing freelance work. Please contact me via email if you are interested in commissioning my services: tanisharenee74@hotmail.com

All content, including text, photographs, and artwork are copyright 2011 by Tanisha R. Long (except where noted). My original artwork is shared for personal inspiration only, not for commercial use. This includes contests, submissions, and publications. Any other use requires my expressed written consent.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

My Favorite Projects

Twitter


FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Blog Archive

Labels